Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TIME TO JUST DO IT

Well....I have been toying w/ the idea of creating my own blog. And last night the thought literally kept me up at night. That and the Olympics and my little 6 mos old boy Benson who has a little cough/cold and can't fall asleep because he can't suck on his thumb and breathe at the same time.

I was lying in bed, watching the freestyle skiiers (wow) and a million ideas, thoughts, lists, wishes were flying thru my head. I also realized that I had one more baby burp cloth to sew in the basement for a friend so I hopped out of bed and ran downstairs to finish it. Feels good to complete that as the ingredients with which to make these fun little burp cloths have been sitting in a bag for months. Why do I do that?

When I crawled back into bed my mind was still racing with other projects, long time dreams and annoying to-do's. I wished I had had a piece of paper next to my bed to write them all down. Right then I vowed that I would start up this blog and fill it will all the goings on in my life. My work, my stationery company, my family, my boys, my wish to be a good cook & find the best/easiest recipes, my wish to be this crafty crafterson, my home (renovations!).... shall I go on? I get so inspired when I read other folks blogs who seem to be diving into all these fun situations. Time to get busy. Life is too short.

PS - here is a pic of my middle of the night project. Will get better at having a nicer background setting - but we're remodeling our kitchen ourselves and that's a whole 'nother blog entry! ;)


No comments: